Vampire Library Chapter 4
on4 February 2016at8:46 PM
Howdy, Ezumi here. It's already February huh, time sure flies by when you're lazing around at home doing nothing. Just kidding, here is chapter 4 of Vampire Library~ This one was quite challenging, but now we can proudly present it to you all (I think...)
On a side note, I am currently working on translating a Korean webtoon called One Plus One. It'd be great if I could get together a small crew dedicated to it - I am recruiting Korean translators, proofreaders (English and Korean) and cleaners (webtoon is in colour fyi) for now, feel free to leave a comment if you're interested! I mean, look at how desperate my cat is lol:
And just a general recruiting notice: We basically recruit everything, but in particular we are looking for an English proofreader* (LOL thank you for pointing it out @kaibutsu xD) for Kasane. Again, just leave a comment below~
Well that's all I've got for now, hope you enjoy the new release~
Vampire Library Chapter 3
on23 December 2015at11:07 PM
Merry Christmas everyone. Here is the gorgeous chapter 3 of Vampire Library! All positions are still open for applying. :> Scroll down and read the details in Chapter 2's post. I will be decorating my gingerbread cookies now that I'm done with VL, will post photos later.
Piercings by Harada version 2>3!
on13 December 2015at10:47 PM
KK has provided us a super good quality raw of Piercings so I've decided to release a new version with pretty images!!! I have edited some parts of the translation, just read the note inside. :>
Yes, I know the notes have gotten so big, but I feel compelled to write all those things in after answering the same questions over and over.
Edit: I can't believe that I'm writing this: we will release have released the third version after proofreading it. We didn't do that in the first two. I feel very reluctant about this since they are only minor changes (a few typos, messy punctuations, and one ambiguous phrase that I had initially overlooked.) And considering I was basically the sole worker on this one-shot, it feels like I'm spending too much time on it while I have so many other things to do...
Piercings oneshot by Harada
on11 December 2015at4:52 AM
Kuzuko brought to me this awesome oneshot that I fell in love with instantly. It compelled me to translate it and won over my lazy nature. I am sure this alone should convince you to grab and read it. I totally adore the writing style in this one. Go go people. Please do read. :>
Note: I have realised that perhaps I should elaborate about the language choice in the manga. The two main characters always speak with formal/polite tone to each other. And whenever the main character narrated his thoughts, he would do it in a formal/literary style. Hence my choice of words.
Why 'Mr Usui', again I didnot expect there would be a person who did not understand the tone. So basically due to the literary ambience not dissimilar to those in Japanese literature, I decided to translate it in literature style. As an avid reader of both Japanese and English literature, how could I pass off this chance of translating something so neat like this. :>
By the way 'slaver' (sa-lav-er) means saliva, it doesn't pronounce the same way as the word 'slaver' (sa-leiv-er) that comes from the word 'slave'. I didn't expect that there was a person who did not know this word but then I was told by two already so I think I should write this down.
One more thing I should add: we don't use American English here, simply because none of us are American. Only British/Australian here. Those who have a problem with how we phrase things in a particular style, deal with it. :D
Vampire Library Chapter 2
on16 October 2015at6:51 AM
Well, it's been a while, guys. And I'm sure you think that I am dead, but no, I am still alive. Somehow I have regrouped Whatever, and we are back until Loki knows when. Our current project list is Vampire Library, No Guns Life, Kasane(joint, we will start once the other group finish the chapters they're working on).
We are still looking for more members in all positions. As usual, to maintain our quality we just simply always need more people to lessen our workload. Especially with Vampire Library, look at the amount of SFXs and redraws we made, be grateful and apply! As usual you can apply through the comment system and leave us your email address (no worries, all comments are moderated, nobody is going to see your email-address) To be more specific, these are what we are looking for currently:
- Korean proofreader for Vampire Library
- English proofreaders for Vampire Library and Kasane
- Typesetters, Cleaners (our cleaners must redraw up to certain extent)
- Quality checkers for all steps (contact us for more details)
Now that I have said what I wanted to say, here, leech to your heart's content.
Note: In case you don't know, this is a manhwa, so it's read from left to right.
Note 2: Alright, it seems I need to insert more details about these open positions here. First I want you to know there is no limit to cleaner position currently. So apply and see if you can survive Whatever's hell! Please also check out Whatever workflow below for better understanding of how we do our job.
- About English proofreading position, it's not so much about checking grammar most of the time, because all our translators are either professional or very good. So instead it's mostly about the flow of the language, the linguistic aspects of how dialogues should match the character persona etc.
- About the original language (Korean/Japanese) proofreading position: you will be providing a second thought over the context and the appropriate colloquial expressions in term of the original nuance and so on.
- Cleaner: as you can see from the quality of our releases, we need you to be able to follow the art style and redraw when you have to. Currently we don't offer teaching, we don't accept people who can't use PS. If you really want to join regardless you can try your luck with our ex-dojo master.
- Typesetter: for Vampire Library and possibly our other projects, we "draw in" SFXs and floating text, we don't "type" them. I have had so many people asking me what are those fonts in our releases, they are not fonts, they are our drawing. If you can't manage something like that you may try applying for a dialogue typesetter position.
- Translator: we need you to be fluent and confident in your understanding of the language (Korean/Japanese)
- Quality-checker: you may work as a qcer for any of the stage of our scanlation but you must know what you are doing. Please look at the flow chart below for better understanding
- There will be an initiation stage where we test you and such. You will have to pass it to join us permanently. Join at your own risk. Usually by the end of the initiation period most ppl go crazy and somehow turn M. Good luck, we are waiting for you.
- Please enter your e-mail address in the comment or send your e-mail to whatever-project at gmail
Gantz  The last moment of the end
on9 June 2015at2:39 PM
Well...finally it's over.
I don't know if there is still any living being out there who will come to grab this chapter. I just happened to have time today and I decided to spend my four precious hours over this chapter and get it over with.
Unfortunately it's not truly over if you count the afterword in as well. I haven't translated the afterword since I doubt anyone wanna read it. When I'm in good mood I will come back to it. You have to understand that since I am a lone man here, I have to do the entire chapter by myself and I feel demotivated seeing so many things I have to translate into English.
The tankobon title is different from the magazine version. It says 最期の終止符 and I translated it as The last moment of the end, as I see that it fits well.
I'm not sure if this will be the end of Whatever scanlations or not, but you can be sure that it's not the end of me...(not just yet! don't wish for it!) I'm still up to my personal manga project. I have put it off for so long because of so many things in my life. But I hope to have some time for it this year. If anyone still interests in joining me....text me! or post a comment here!
Edit: The afterword is a special interview with Oku Hiroya about Gantz and so forth (I haven't really read through it yet. Just skimmed through it) It's a special interview existed only in the last volume of the tankobon (I think). If you really really want to know what it's about I will try to come round to translate it.
on5 February 2015at6:30 AM
Who was it that told me to read Terraforma.....ROACHES are everywhere. I have nightmares right after I went to sleep. I have roachphobia. >.< curse you!
on28 December 2014at7:18 AM
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! No, I have nothing to offer but as you can see I have been busy eating and baking! lol
AAnyhow, I will try to do the last chapter during my NY break! There is also one kind helper who has volunteered to help redrawing one last page so it looks promising yes!
The server is going to expire very soon
on26 October 2014at2:47 PM
Err...guys. The server is going to expire in a month. It sounds very wrong to ask now, but anyone interest in keeping it alive for a year or half a year more? (at least until my exams are over so I can scanlate the last part. lol) xD
Edit: problem solved. :> Thanks for caring. Thanks for keeping me alive. XD
on21 October 2014at4:34 AM
Well, what happened was that right in the middle of the last chapter which I was redrawing....I had to travel and then the school started! hahaha Sorry guys. Wait a bit more.