Gantz [0383] The last moment of the end

on 9 June 2015 at 14:39

Well...finally it's over.

I don't know if there is still any living being out there who will come to grab this chapter. I just happened to have time today and I decided to spend my four precious hours over this chapter and get it over with.

Unfortunately it's not truly over if you count the afterword in as well. I haven't translated the afterword since I doubt anyone wanna read it. When I'm in good mood I will come back to it. You have to understand that since I am a lone man here, I have to do the entire chapter by myself and I feel demotivated seeing so many things I have to translate into English.

The tankobon title is different from the magazine version. It says 最期の終止符 and I translated it as The last moment of the end, as I see that it fits well.

I'm not sure if this will be the end of Whatever scanlations or not, but you can be sure that it's not the end of me...(not just yet! don't wish for it!) I'm still up to my personal manga project. I have put it off for so long because of so many things in my life. But I hope to have some time for it this year. If anyone still interests in joining me....text me! or post a comment here!

Edit: The afterword is a special interview with Oku Hiroya about Gantz and so forth (I haven't really read through it yet. Just skimmed through it) It's a special interview existed only in the last volume of the tankobon (I think). If you really really want to know what it's about I will try to come round to translate it.

on 17 November 2015 at 14:26
Hmm honestly speaking, right now I'm not so thrilled about translating the Osaka chapter or Gantz..... I just want to focus my group force on VL, NGL, Kasane and DT...but maybe if we got drunk and want to do it, we will be sure to tell you...
posted by maximilianjenus
on 16 November 2015 at 23:10
and now gantz resumed as gantz G
posted by djcj
on 10 November 2015 at 07:05
Thanks for all your work. You also did one of the two Osaka special chapters. Can you do the remaining one too? That would be great!
posted by Thisguy
on 14 August 2015 at 16:29
Thank you for all the effort you put into this.
posted by deric
on 8 August 2015 at 13:18
Thank you so much for finishing the whole Gantz project. I waited until your translation to come out without downloading from others, and it is finally here. Thank you.
posted by deric
on 8 August 2015 at 13:16
Thank you so much for finishing the whole Gantz project. I waited until your translation to come without downloading from others, and it is finally here. Thank you.
posted by Old Man
on 4 August 2015 at 23:37
Thank you for finishing this. I've been waiting for it to be complete before starting on the 30 odd chapters.
posted by Kurono_kei95
on 18 July 2015 at 03:07
Dude! You are amazing, thanks for your work! Thanks from Romania!!!
posted by toma
on 18 June 2015 at 11:14
Thanks alot for finishing it ^_^
posted by kuroda
on 14 June 2015 at 11:06
Thank you for all your work... really!