Gantz 337, Peace and impasse

on 25 April 2011 at 04:45

Hey, guys. I am having final and it's pretty hard for me to release this. But this is as fast as it can get. :) This chapter, the release size has increased to 1400px height because Kei gave me a better raw so I didn't want to destroy it by resizing too much. 24.76mb, hope you won't be so distress about the size, I remember many people used to complain a lot when the file size is big. But terabyte hdds solve all the problems, go get one ok (for those who are about to complain)? It's very cheap now. ♪ ヽ (* '∀ `)

Still, I'm looking for new cleaners. So please apply at the forums ok? Or we might not be able to release anymore. Hahaha Our redrawer has gone to Taiwan and couldn't get a new laptop, big deal.

More translators would be nice too, because our few translators have a few problems here, one is working his life out, another is finding a new job, another is busy in Japan, anothere is also having final. Poor Maxi gotta help on everything even though he is on a pinch as well.

Since one of our translator is also a proofreader and he is the one who is busy in Japan, please apply for a proofreader position as well.

But I do prioritise cleaners at the moment so please apply, poor Snowdrop is getting all the work and Kei too. haha. Somebody please come to help redrawing. Take the usual cleaning test on the forums if you are applying for redrawing. (Not the gantz one. Of course you will redraw gantz too but that test is for redrawing.

Oh I almost forgot to say it, please enjoy the chapters~

Okonomiyaki

Ah! by the way, I made Okonomiyaki yesterday. Just wanna post something refreshing here aside from Gantz. xD To brighten up the front page. lmao

One more thing, I probably won't be able to release Shiki until my summer break. sorry~

Edit: aaah I forgot to put in the note in page 15, about the "shitbox" The translator says: An either literal exclamation on 2chan and nico video about your intention to get rid of your Xbox360 or an optionally nonsensical exclamation to express surprise/joy...

posted by Nate Grey
on 27 April 2011 at 15:50
thanks for the chapter and... nice frog! #D
on 27 April 2011 at 01:27
Yeah I guess these days people no longer know how the original arts look like with 99% of groups using the denoiser to blur the details in order to cover the raw flaws(and in the same process removing how the lines or how the details should look like). That's why the majority of scanlations these days look the same, I guess.
I don't really do much, I do edit colours and all (I usually do that)but it's because this raw is big you see. bigger than 2000px height. I've not had raws that are bigger than 1200px or 1300px for a long time now, more than ten chapters. I'm so glad when Kei gave me this. lol Most of the time I gotta be grateful that it's not smaller than 1100px. (because it certainly happens very often lately) T.T I hope somebody will donate some raws some day. haha
posted by zagref
on 26 April 2011 at 22:47
i think that faat is wrong, the art is perfect. How did you do it?. Most people likes cleans that involves abuse of topaz's filter effect and belives that is HQ.
on 26 April 2011 at 14:13
Thanks for supporting! :)
posted by Anon
on 25 April 2011 at 12:53
Yay~ Thanks for the release.
The filesize is fine. It's 2011.
The large resolution definitely can help for image quality.
on 25 April 2011 at 09:19
Really? I don't think so. Is it because of the screentone patterns are more detailed? Because usually our raws (well, they are always public raws so we have no control over it. lol) are so small (many times they are even smaller than the releases xD lmao), so most of the time details in the screentones had partially disappeared. But this raw is quite big, that's why all the tones' origial patterns are still intacted. (Like tankobon version) In fact, I would say this is one of the very few times that we have a public raw with all the details intacted. (which is very rare in the magazine publishing.) So I think you are not used to see all the details intacted. Because smaller raws have lesser details with more blurriness you know. So I guarantee the correctness in the images. lol This is how it should look like had it been from tankobon. Most of the mangazine releases from JUMP regardless the levels of cleaning ability lack this level of details; just like when you compare tankobon and mangazine page by page. Because Gantz's screentones are always complicated, with dots and all. Unless you mean my black. Maybe I didn't level enough. xD You can blame me on that one. lol
posted by faat
on 25 April 2011 at 09:00
don't know if it's just me, that gantz 337 seems not to be cleaned nicely
on 25 April 2011 at 08:16
Oh I did crush the files of course. I always crush the png. :) This is as small as it can get without lowering the quality. ^^ Thanks for the comment.
posted by Feanor
on 25 April 2011 at 07:22
Don't know your saving options, but you could try png8,addaptive,diffusion, with 32 colors. That should minimize the filesize without lowering the picture quality (you could even just use 16 colors). At least that's always worked on any manga I worked on. Maybe it works for gantz too.
Not that I mind the filesize if it's for quality releases. Keep up the good work.