Gantz Chapter 316 Twist and Turn

posted by HonHon
on 6 April 2010 at 16:53

Greetings every Gantz leechers around the world!!! Happy belated Easter to enyone who cares!

Here is another Gantz chapter to all of you peoples!

The reluctant new Gantz teams are now in an alien world filled with giants! In the last chapter we were introduced to the largest version of Legolas as of yet! Please read what happens in the newest Gantz chapter.

Click here to download chapter 316 from our website.

Edit by TMie: About the part where it says "Transmit only with your hands" I will check up with a couple of translators again when they are back; whether it's 'hands' or 'arms'. About 'stalwarts', I'm not sure if this can be wrong. I believe some people just have a problem with the proofread work of that word. You can click the link there to open the dictionary for its meaning, if it will help you in any way. However, don't play havoc with our release just because there is an English sentence you don't like. Please be reasonable and polite if you want to give a suggestion. I appreciate a reasonable suggestion if you doubt the interpretation of the release, but saying something like 'this is terrible' and running off without any explanation is nothing more than being an arsehole to me. I'm tired of this kind of thing. You are reading our hq scanlations for free, don't forget that. Moreover, if you don't know Japanese, don't make any odd comment to me since you don't know what it means either. For people who wonder what I'm talking about, read the comments of this post. I understand you are concerned about our quality since we are doing high quality scans, but being rude is different from concerning about us.

Edit by TMie the second time: Ok, I got answers from another translator. We will change 'hands' to 'arms' in page 7. Since it's 'arms' there. Thanks David for that. For page 2: Let's hear an explanation from a translator view.

= sturdy guy, battled vet, brave person, hero, expert, master [note: a PERSON]
 = like a...
Grammatically, the bottom line would be interpreted as 'These guys look tough.' I believe the other translator used the word 'stalwarts' because it basically means similar thing, but the phrase probably gives different feelings about it for different people. At this point, it's not anybody fault how they are going to interpret it, really. Since basically, it's a simple line trying to convey that the sight of giants in front of them look tough. Whether you say they look sturdy, they look tough, they look stalwart, it still means that they are going to be a difficult thing to deal with. Unless you don't know what 'stalwart' means, that's another issue. So lets get passed this point already.

I will make a note of this in the next chapter credits page as well. So let's end this petty argument. Thanks those who have been supporting us all these times.

Next: for those who just try to troll here, you can read this chapter somewhere else and I would appreciate not seeing the like of you here again. Don't abuse my members with your unkind words, you don't even scanlate it. They are the ones working so hard for no benefits so you can read the manga for free. A suggestion is something you give with an explanation, not a baseless criticism.

on 1 May 2010 at 07:04
@Geese, seriously, I told you, I will delete anything relating to this matter again. And if you want to complain about piracy, well complain to the rest of the scanlation scene as well. It's not like I ask you to read my release. Go somewhere else please, I don't know if you have nothing better to do or something, but I don't need you to complain about us being pirates. Of course, scanlations are illegal, but instead of complaining at me why don't you complain to the rest of the scene. We have no responsibility to this. I have made a disclaimer page for a reason. I doubt you ever care to read. Don't be childish. If you don't want to read scanlation then go buy the volumes. Even I buy the volumes to read myself. Why not? I don't see the point of you ranting anything here about piracy. lol Seriously, grow up. lol If you want to read your professional stuff then go away please. And if you post here again, I will just delete it. I won't even bother reading. You are ridiculous, complaining about piracy to a scanlation group. I think ppl are not that stupid, they do know that they are reading scanlations. Oh, one last thing, for ppl who come to our website to download, complaining about piracy makes you nothing more than a hypocrite ne~
on 27 April 2010 at 05:12
@Geese I have warned about posting anything related that topic again. So don't say that I didn't. I'm getting sick of this drama. It's discussed and it's ended, don't be redundant. It's been explained in length how that was not exactly criticism but a complaint. I have done everything I did including adding an announcement, if you just wanted to be an arse go somewhere else. I don't want drama here. If you want a drama, go watch tv. Don't act like a pathetic soul here. I give ppl the chance to voice their opinions out, not for ppl to complain or being a queen of drama. I know what I am doing. And hell, I thought this ended since weeks ago so I didn't come back to check, still there are always this 'kind' of humans...
on 13 April 2010 at 11:55
Me too, hopefully I will get the raw soon. ^^
posted by Carrie
on 13 April 2010 at 10:13
I'm just going to disregard the dramu and talk about GANTZ:

Whh-- Man, I'm not entirely sure I even followed exactly what's going on this chapter. GANTZ, you so crazy.

(Even having said that, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next release.)
posted by Kuwabara
on 10 April 2010 at 18:17
Thanks you! very good your's work
on 7 April 2010 at 14:31
@Feanor Yeah, they are active. Only those in the current projects pages though. For D.Gray-man I'm looking for staff to replace the old ones. But I have the raw and things cleaned. Just no typesetter. For Claymore, I have ordered the raw, and been waiting for it to ship since like forever. It's finally coming now last week. So hopefully the raw will come to me within this week. But I don't know, it might be delayed because of Easter. It's a tankobon, it will be totally nice. Just look forward to it. Thank you for waiting all these times.
on 7 April 2010 at 14:28
Very funny, Anta. XD But yeah, we should stop and focus on what matters. Things are fixed, I will make notes about them in the next chapter as well. You need not to worry, EoL.
posted by Feanor
on 7 April 2010 at 14:23
Are you guys still working on your other projects. Because I'm haven't seen a D. Gray-man or Claymore release in some time.
on 7 April 2010 at 14:22
Great! It seems we've all become great friends, and can move on ^_^. And so now that we have that in the 'done' column, here's 317!... just kidding haha.
Cheers
on 7 April 2010 at 13:47
And yes, of course, EoL, if you say you sincerely mean no harm, then you mean no harm, I totally believe you. Now be happy about that as well. lol